Home » Archive by category "World News" (Page 12)

'World-startling event': N. Korea claims hydrogen bomb test

'World-startling event': N. Korea claims hydrogen bomb test The statement, carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency, said in a "world-startling event," North Korea has "proudly joined the advanced ranks of nuclear weapons states" and is "equipped with the most powerful nuclear deterrent.". Read more on USA...
Continue reading »

Half the World Lives on 1% of Its Land, Mapped

Half the World Lives on 1% of Its Land, Mapped In the simple map above lies a stark spatial imbalance: half the people in the world cram into just 1 percent of the Earth's surface (in yellow), and the other half sprawl across the remaining 99 percent (in...
Continue reading »

'WaterCredit' Turns World's Poor Into Paying Customers

'WaterCredit' Turns World's Poor Into Paying Customers Water.org is leading a revolution in the provision of clean drinking water in the developing world, turning the recipients of charity into regular water customers through microloans funded by impact investments. Gary White, CEO of Water.org, explains … Read more on...
Continue reading »

Latest World News News

Mosquitoes Are Spreading a Rare Virus Around the World Brian Foy came home from a trip to Senegal to study malaria-carrying mosquitoes with a mysterious illness, and it definitely wasn't malaria. Both Foy and his graduate student soon recovered from the rash and aching joints—“the flu is worse,”...
Continue reading »

Latest World News News

A Journey to the Oldest Cave Paintings in the World The findings made headlines around the world when Aubert and his colleagues announced them in late 2014, and the implications are revolutionary. They smash our most common ideas about the origins of art and force us to embrace...
Continue reading »

Latest World News News

'Snooper's charter' will cost British lives, MPs are warned He was particularly critical of a previously secret GCHQ surveillance system disclosed by the whistleblower Edward Snowden called Black Hole, which was built in 2008 and helps list everyone in the world who has ever visited a website. “This...
Continue reading »